How To Maintain The Industrial Gear Oil? How To Assess The Oil Change Period?
No matter the location, water, dust and particulates have a high chance to enter the gear oil box. Therefore some works must be done beforehand:
1. Timely filter the contaminants in the oil; these contaminants are worn out particles which would erode the gear surface.
2. Water will interfere with the oil film and cause corrosion to the gear surface; water should be settled and filtered out in time.
3. Control the oil temperature; the higher the oil temperature, the faster the oxidation, the shorter the lifespan of oil.
4. Check the oil surface on time to see if there is need to add in oil or remove blockage.
5. Take oil samples to tests on schedule, and compare its indicators to the table.
Industrial gear oil – oil change indicators（NB/SH/T 0586-2010）
L-CKC oil change indicators
L-CKD oil change indicators
Kinematic viscosity change, %
Mechanical impurities, %
Copper corrosion (100 ℃, 3h）
Timken OK value